Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Happy New Year!

My family had a great time ringing in 2009 with a family friend and her family. We had a great time playing board games and Wii and eating. Mary, John and Kathryn were absolutely wonderful. I really care about their family. Mary and John's one son--Dan is getting married. Because Dan works with my husband, we were doubly excited. I really want to do something special for his and Chelsea's wedding.

I made sure I called my mom to say Happy New Years and was happy that she was going to the party in her building. Mom came back down for a week at Christmas time. We didn't do a lot with her, but I am glad she got to spend the week and had some fun with us.

It has been hard since dad passed away. Holidays are a struggle. I miss him every day. People I know made very harsh comments about my grief less than 12 hours after I learned of his death. I was pretty much numb. Since then, I have struggled with how those people could be so angry, nasty and hurtful about my devastation. However hard the past two years, this year is going to be a great.

Immediately before my dad passed away, we had discussed a research project. I have been working on it for two years and finished the ground work this past fall. I am strengthening my resolve to complete this project for him. I truly believe that he has been helping me from the other side. Too many times since he has gone, I have found the perfect person to get obscure information. I know many people would find that silly or just a coincidence; but I do not have to convince others to have faith.

So this year is about finishing projects. It is also about moving on and trying to remember and honor my father. Not a perfect man, he allowed me to work through some stuff and gave me peace. Our relationship was special because we were both blessed with forgiveness and love. I look forward to finishing this book and starting my next.

No comments: