Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

Honoring Martin Luther King

I enjoy Martin Luther King Jr day. It isn't so much a day that we do anything special, but reflecting on how we can strive to change things. So often society and people themselves get sucked into the past and find themselves unable to move on. An entire generation was able to say no more to the impositions placed on them. What is more impressive is that they managed to not resort to violence, no matter how nasty others were to them. I am amazed and love thinking about how we can emulate their behavior in our own lives.


My children and I discussed all of this today. We are also looking forward to watching the inauguration tomorrow! I would like to bring the kids to Washington to see some of the things that we have been discussing, but I'm not sure when we will be able to come.

No comments: